Saturday, May 13, 2006






I have been asked about the availability of punch needle kits. I have 2 links to Punch Needle suppliers and they do have an assortment of kits to offer for sale. This is an extemely popular craft in Australia and I know there are sites that offer more selections that are based there. I have also found ebay to be a terrific resource for supplies at great prices, especially if you want to make your own patterns and only need the needle and fabric. Just do a search for "punch needle" and check it out.

My finished project examples today are my homage to Laurel Burch's cat designs. I have loved her stuff for years so I thought it would be fun to loosely interpret them in my favorite craft. The cat face in the center of the top picture measures approximately 3 1/2" wide by 3" tall just so you get an idea of the size while the other cat design is 4 3/4" wide by 8" tall.

Technorati tags:


5 comments:

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Those cats are just fabulous. I have two real cats of my own and am crazy about cat stuff. Those project examples are just gorgeous.

Linda said...

Oh, I love your cats! They remind me of one of my favorite artists, Bob Coonts, who likes to paint colorful animals. Take a look at his website at http://www.bobcoonts.com/index.html

punchycats said...

Thanks for the link to Bob Coonts, Linda. His work is gorgeous!!

marhaven said...

Your work is beautiful. I just had to comment on the Laurel Burch cats! I absolutely love her, and was fortunate to meet her once and get her autograph on a print. She did the artwork at the Oakland SPCA and they had an event she attended. I bought enough Laurel Burch cat earrings to last me the rest of my life!!

Again, beautiful work!!

~ YSRN ~ said...

Ok, those kitties are seriously cute!!!