Here are pictures of two of my older projects. The Scooby Doo pattern was made from a coloring book page that I reduced on a copier. I removed the pocket from a denim shirt, made an iron on pattern that I ironed on the reverse of the pocket so when it was completed and sewn back on the shirt, it would look correct. I decided to take the easy way out on the Marvin the Martian and simply used fabric I had, a rubber stamp, cut it out when it was done and glued it to the pocket with OK to Wash It Fabric Glue. Both of the designs are detailed so I used the smallest Igolochkoy needle that says to use 1 strand of embroidery floss but I've always been a more is better kinda gal, so I always use 2 strands of floss myself - I think it looks better. These shirts have been worn and washed a lot so as you can see, this is a great craft for decorating wearables with.
Technorati tags: Needle